Home Forums Laundromats Value of a True Zombiemat

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cedric Watlington
    Participant

Hi,

There’s a small laundromat in my city for sale. For all intents and purpose, it has been abandoned by its owner. Hasnt been running for about 6 months now. Has some equipment in it. About half of which is not running. 10 years remaining on the lease. $2.5K monthly rent

What value do you put on something like this? Owner is asking for $59K

jloreto1
      Participant

How many square feet? How many machines?

Is the owner/operator also the landlord?

I am by no means an expert but like you I am studying the industry so being that your in a position of looking at a laundromat maybe we can answer some questions together.

-If half of the machines are in fact not working a retool may be in order. You will be going into debt when you retool. To me the 59K doesn’t mean anything if the machines arent running.

-are there competing laundromats around? Are they comparable size and condition? Go there on a Sunday and see if its busy.

-Is there a wash and fold? Is it big enough to add a wash and fold?

-The lease is going to be one of the biggest keys to your success. The long runway on the lease is favorable. It means the landlord has decided to keep the laundromat. Im going to base the lease term off of Danny’s numbers where if it’s more than 1$ per square foot it’s pushing on the profit margin.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.