Home Forums Laundromats New Construction Ins and Outs?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

New to the site, new to laundromats (hopefully?!). I live in a small city of about 5,000 with next to no laundromats in town. We have a major tourism crowd which triples our population from April – October, most of which are here for boating, fishing, camping, and site seeing. No existing facilities means an opportunity to build one!

I’ve identified a couple possible locations and am looking at something like a 1,000 SF facility. I’m experienced in real estate investing, construction, etc and recognize that a laundry business is just that, a business, but I’m very interesting in meeting this demand IF its a good fit. Anyway, all help with my education and due diligence is greatly appreciated.

Can anyone link me to a forum regarding new construction? My goal is to automate as much as possible. Durable materials, good lighting/visibility from the street to minimize vandalism, new/newer machines, etc. Ideally I would have someone check the machines, pull quarters, and clean the floors is about it. Is that realistic?

Any recommendations on projecting income potential for a new facility? What about equipment size, quality, quantity, maintenance? Being rather remote/rural, I would either lean on my local HVAC contractor or perform maintenance myself.

Bottom line is that I’m interested in this field but may be very naive about the ins and outs. Please feel free to throw darts at my ideas, maybe answer a few questions, and hopefully ASK even more!

Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide.

Ian

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.