Home Forums Laundromats Is it better to buy an existing laundromat or build new for 1st investment?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I retired a couple years ago after a 23 year career in multifamily real estate investing and I’m now getting bored. I’m looking to buy my first laundromat and am trying to decide whether I should focus on buying an existing laundromat (perhaps a struggling store with turnaround potential) or build new. Fortunately, I have the money to go either route so financing is not a key consideration in the decision-making process. I’m mostly wondering if building new is too complicated/ambitious since I have no experience in the industry. On the other hand, buying an existing store could mean I’m just buying someone else’s problems. I would appreciate any advice and recommendations from successful, experienced folks in the industry.

Racheal Mark
    Participant

Great post

Mac Andrew
      Participant

Exploring the laundromat business post-retirement is exciting! With your background, you have a solid foundation for this venture. Purchasing an existing laundromat offers immediate cash flow and a customer base, though it may come with existing challenges. Building a new one allows customization to market needs but requires more effort in establishment and customer acquisition.

Regardless of your choice, consider adding a Wash And Fold Laundry. It’s a popular, convenient feature that can significantly boost revenue. Thorough market analysis and maybe advice from industry experts could also be beneficial. Good luck with your new venture!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.