Jacob Workman swore he would never own a laundromat. Today, he’s a distinguished guest on the Laundromat Resource Podcast as a laundromat owner and laundromat youtuber. He loves the business and will tell you all about it!
Jacob’s road to laundromat ownership was a wild and winding one. He spins the tale while packing in practical lessons he has learned, sharing his wisdom, and inspiring action! He’s an open book as he shares his experience here on the podcast, and there are many lessons to be learned because of it.
Some of the things we talk about in this episode are:
- Jacob’s parents moving out of state & leaving him behind in high school
- Jacob’s parents’ laundromat
- Jacob’s entrepreneurial journey before his laundromat
- Jet ski flipping (!!)
- Why he bought a laundromat after saying he would never own one
- Free laundromats
- Facebook marketplace and Craigslist
- Location importance
- What to do when you first take over
- Advertising your laundromat
- Can you get into the business without working on machines?
- Jacob’s future goals
- YouTubing his laundromat experiences
- Business details
- Raising vend prices
And much more!
Listen To The Podcast Here
Watch The Podcast Here
Laundromat Resource Marketing– If you need help building or managing a website for your laundromats, let the experts at Laundromat Resource Marketing help you design and build a custom, professional website for you! As experts in the laundromat industry AND in web design and online marketing, we at Laundromat Resource Marketing are able to provide you with a professional website at an affordable price. We’re always transparent so there are no hidden fees. What we quote you is what you pay. Satisfaction and performance guaranteed! With no contracts to sign and guarantees like that, why not let us take care of your online presence while you focus on welcoming all of your new laundry customers? Click the logo or link above to find out more information.
Links from the show
- Live Q&A with Coin Laundry Association President and CEO Brian Wallace! (Subscribe and hit the bell icon)
- There, I Fixed It YouTube Channel
- Free Laundromat Video
- Vending Machine Video
- Quarantine Video
- Laundromat Investor Resources
- Join Laundromat Resource
- Laundromat Resource Forums
- Laundromat Resource Blog
- Be a guest on the podcast!
- Sell your laundromat
- Laundromat Resource Coaching
* Some links may be affiliate links which benefit Laundromat Resource and help us continue to create great resources for you at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting us!
Connect with Jacob
There, I Fixed It YouTube Channel
My name is Jacob Workman. I’ve been married to my beautiful wife for 7 years and we are expecting our first child in February. Currently we own 1 laundromat and are actively looking to expand. Our laundromat is the only active investment that we own as of now. In the past we’ve owned rental properties, a custom t-shirt business, and a residential contracting company. During the time of owning our contracting company our main focus was building and selling spec homes. I currently work a full time job, but always have had an entrepreneurial spirit. Mostly, I spend my time working, furthering my skill sets, and working on my youtube channel. I decided to start my youtube channel on a whim. I was constantly doing things at our laundromat and just thought one day that I should start recording and see where this goes. The name for my channel, There I Fixed It, came from my personality of being willing to tackle anything and my love of fixing things that are broken. When I say my willingness to tackle anything means, anything. If I had to cut drain lines in my floor for new hardmounts, I’d be there with bells on my toes.
Jim Morgan's Cleaners · January 27, 2021 at 6:33 pm
Thanks for the knowledgeable article. I appreciate your suggestions and tips which you have mention.Keep writing informative articles.