Laundromat Marketing Strategies: Setting Up a Google Business Profile
If you’re a laundromat business owner, then you know that marketing your business can be difficult. There are so many different platforms and strategies to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start. In this blog post, we will focus on how business owners can set up their Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business). Google Business Profile is an incredibly valuable tool for businesses of all sizes, and it’s especially useful for laundromat businesses. We’ll go over the benefits of setting up a GBP account, and then provide step-by-step instructions on how to do it. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
Benefits of Google My Business
There are many benefits to setting up a Google Business Profile account for your laundromat business. In today’s world, when people are looking for a new place or business to go to, they pull out their phones and search for information and ratings first. Having a Google Business Profile setup is vital in making sure your laundromat shows up and provides accurate and relevant information for your potential customers.
Some of the key benefits of GBP include:
Increased Visibility Online
With a GBP account, your laundromat will be more visible to potential customers online. This is because GBP profiles appear prominently in Google search results, and they also come with a free Google Maps listing. This means that more people will be able to find your business and learn more about it.
For example, if someone searches “laundromats near me”, Google may provide a few options of laundromats around the area of the searcher, showing the GBP profile. You want yours to show up on this screen providing the searcher with all of the relevant information they need.
Impactful First Impressions
GBP provides you with the ability to make impactful first impressions with prospective customers. You can add essential information such as a phone number, store operating hours, and website if you have one. You can set up a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section to help answer those most frequent questions customers have and provide all the information they need right there accessible to everyone.
GBP also lets you add photos and your store logo to set your store up for a great first visual impression. Take high-quality photos and stand out from your competition. Not all businesses take advantage of this opportunity and this is a great way to differentiate from the crowd.
Improved Customer Engagement
A GBP account can help you improve customer engagement with your business. You can connect with your customers directly via direct messages and also enable automatic messages. Your customers can leave reviews, ask questions, and engage with you directly. Additionally, you can use GBP to share news and updates about your business, special offers, and events which will help keep customers engaged and in the loop on what is happening at your business.
Greater Control Over Your Online Presence
With a Google Business Profile account, you have greater control over your online presence. You can edit your business information, add photos and videos, and respond to customer reviews. This gives you the ability to shape how potential customers see your business, and it also makes it easy for customers to get in touch with you if they have any questions or concerns.
GBP provides you with analytics on how customers are interacting with your account. You can see what keywords customers use to find your GBP which can be insightful when it comes to online marketing material. It will provide insights into calls, reviews, messages, bookings, and more.
As you can see, there are many benefits to setting up a GBP account for your laundromat business. So let’s go over how you can do it!
How to Set Up a Google Business Profile for Your Laundromat
Setting up a Google Business Profile account for your laundromat is easy! Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to Google Business Profile
- Click on “Manage Now”.
- Create your profile. Fill out the “Business Name” and “Business Category” fields.
- For the “Business Category” field, type in “Laundromat” or “Laundry Service”, whichever works best for your store. Click “Next”.
- Next, fill out your business address.
- Next, answer if you provide deliveries or home and office visits. If you have a pickup and delivery business, choose yes.
- Next, add your contact information. Add the best phone number for your business and include your website URL. If you don’t have a website, Laundromat Resource would love to help get you online with a website! Having a strong online presence has never been more important than now. Check out what we offer here.
- Next, choose if you want updates and recommendations from Google for your business.
- Next, verify your business. Enter your name and Google will send a postcard with a verification code to the address you provided. This could take up to 5 days to arrive. You can continue to create your profile.
- Next, add your business hours. Click the tab on the days you are open and fill out the appropriate times. Make sure the information is accurate.
- Next, chose whether you want to add messages to your account. This is a great feature for communicating with your customers. Learn more about this feature here.
- Next, add your business description. Make sure to include what your laundromat offers, what sets you apart from other local laundromats, and anything else that would be helpful for your customers.
- Next, add photos. When adding photos, make sure to include high-quality photos to set yourself apart from the competition. Great photos make an excellent first impression!
- Next, choose if you want to start advertising now or not. We will skip this step for now.
- If you don’t have a website yet, Google will give you options to purchase a domain from them in this step. We will skip this for now though.
- The last step informs you that once you are verified, customers will begin to see your edits. Make sure when that postcard comes to go back to your Google Business Profile and enter the code provided to you.
And that’s it! You have officially created your Google Business Profile. Setting up a GBP profile is essential for any laundromat business. It allows you to control your online presence, provides customer insights, makes it easy for customers to get in touch with you, and more. So make sure to follow the simple steps provided to set up your account today!